Did you know these 5 facts about your spine?
The team here at Chirolife have put this infographic together, highlighting our top 5 facts about your spine. Please feel free to share this infographic with your family and friends.
- Your spine consists of 24 moving parts, or vertebrae. There are actually 33 bones however several are fused together.
- You have 7 vertebrae in your neck, the same number as a Giraffe!
- Your first vertebrae is known as ‘the Atlas’ after the mythological Greek figure Atlas. He carried the weight of the world on his shoulders.
- Your spinal cord is protected by your spine.
- Up to 80% of the community will experience lower back pain at some point in their life.
Take Action Today
Chiropractors commonly help with musculoskeletal issues such as back pain, neck pain, headaches and migraine pain, poor posture and sporting injuries. Chirolife has been helping the local community for over two decades. From Viewbank to Eaglemont, Rosanna to Macleod, our patients know and trust the chiropractic care they receive.