Scoliosis Treatment and Chiropractic Adjustments
The good news is that early detection and treatment may prevent the worsening of the scoliosis curve and other associated health issues.
On this page we'll discuss: factors that contribute to scoliosis, what happens if scoliosis is left untreated and highlight how chiropractic adjustments may help you.
Factors That Contribute to Scoliosis
There are many factors that may contribute to scoliosis. These can include:
- Developmental issues
- Hip tilt or uneven leg length
- Flat feet
- Poor posture
- Muscle asymmetries
What Happens if Scoliosis is Left Untreated?
Advanced scoliosis may lead to serious health issues later in life, including:
- Back pain
- Nerve interference and physical deformation.
- Increased pressure on internal organs and negative impacts upon their functioning.
- Severe cases may cause breathing problems and have been linked to reduced life expectancy.
Can Chiropractic Help?
A series of adjustments and mobilisations of both the pelvis and spine in many scoliosis cases aim to:
- Improve limb and hip biomechanics
- Free restrictions in the system to prevent further fixation
- Maintain the current curve position to prevent further curvature
- Improve the scoliotic angles
Depending on the severity of the scoliosis, chiropractic may prevent further curvature. In some cases manual therapies may provide a degree of correction.
If scoliosis is diagnosed early on, you may achieve a better chance of correction or preventing further degeneration. In some instances surgery may be recommended for patients with advanced scoliosis.
Consult Our Clinic
We will work with you to address your health concern and may recommend treatment if required.
Take the first important step to getting well today - contact us now to arrange a consultation. The team at Chirolife are happy to answer your questions and we look forward to helping you.
Please call (03) 9458 3255 to arrange an evaluation today.